They tell me that today is International Women’s Day. (Consequently, it’s also Women’s History Month here. Some folks, like the Evil Geeks with their Women’s History Warriors series, have been posting some superb stuff so far this month about women.)
The Big Blog of All the Shit I Know also tells me that I’ve won a Versatile Blogger Award, so I get to do some more noms. And hey, cool, thanks. I like awards. And I like The Big Blog of All the Shit I know. Today’s award post will be dedicated to the women-folk who read this blog and whose blogs I read and enjoy.
The rules of accepting the award are:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
Right then. The fifteen nominated blogs are in no particular order. All of these blogs are owned and written by women, and I’m happy I found each and every one of them. Now if you’re on this list and you don’t “do” awards, that’s fine–I just want you to know I’m paying attention and that I like what you do.
That Montreal Girl
Things Matter: A History Blog
Sunshine Searchers Inc.
Science Fiction, Transmedia, and Fandom
Not a Punk Rocker
Confessions of a Geek Queen
Rose B Fischer
It Goes On
In keeping with the theme, but in a slight departure from the rules (because, well, why not), I’m going to link to 7 posts about women that have piqued my interest over the last few days rather than giving 7 random facts about myself:
- idealisticrebel: International Women’s Day 2014
- Croatia, the War, and the Future: Women of Croatia’s Homeland War
- Eye of Lynx: Celebrating Women in Literature
- Interesting Literature: 10 Great Quotations from Women Writers
- Drifting Through my Open Mind: Feminism and the World According to Lily Allen
- A Buick in the Land of Lexus: The Slut Mom Blog (Warning: NSWF)
- Comparative Geeks: Lack of Women in Technology